Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Palin Out, Front Runners Up

As I thought, Sarah Palin has said she won't run for President today. Her announcement was probably drown out by Steve Jobs' death, see previous post. I actually agree with her decision, because, as much as I admire her, I don't think that she had what it takes to be President. Leaving the Governor's mansion mid-term in Alaska was the final confirmation for me. I think she will continue to be effective in her role as community activist.
"I can be more effective and I can be more aggressive in this mission in a supportive role of getting the right people elected," she said. "I need to be able to say what I want to say and hold both sides of the aisle accountable."
Certainly her many fans will be disappointed, but her impressive media savvy will continue to make her a force to be reckoned with in American politics. I wish her well, she has a great message that I almost always agree with.

With Palin out of the race, Romney, Perry and Cain's odds have all improved, but Perry slightly more than the other two. According to today's Intrade, the odds for the Presidential nomination are:

Romney 57%
Perry 20%
Cain 7.5%
No one else clears 5%.

Temple of Mut is heartbroken. KT is plumping for Cain, and I can see why, given the distaste for Romney, and Perry's cronyism. I am really hoping Gary Johnson can break through. I think I am most impressed by his veto record as Governor of New Mexico. If there is anything that could help this country, it would be a halt to stupid new legislation and regulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment