Monday, November 22, 2010

I Think Not

This morning's Wall Street Journal headline said:

Feeling Blue: Aggressive Airport Screening Here to Stay

I repeat, I think not. This will end one way or another, the only question is how. The American people and even the employees of the TSA are not going to put up with aggressive groping forever. My worry is that it will end in tragedy. Public humiliation does strange things to people and is a sure fire way to get the adrenaline flowing. I am worried. This is another reason why I posted yesterday on a non-violent means to protest these procedures. If people sing in line, it could help them handle the emotional response to the abuse, and make them feel less powerless. More importantly, it well help heap ridicule on our government's over reach. Ultimately, I would like to see this procedure end because our political leaders feel to embarrassed to allow it to continue.

From yesterday's comments, here are some more suggestions for singing in line.

From Temple of Mut: James Cagney singing Yankee Doodle Dandy (embed not available).

W.C. suggests whistling, a la "Bridge over the River Kwai."



And one more I thought of:

No comments:

Post a Comment