Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Congratulations to Lorie Zapf

The results this morning from the San Diego Country Registrar of Voters showed Lorie Zapf winning with 52.45% of the vote and all precincts reporting. I am sure there are more absentee and provisional ballots to be counted, but her current lead of about 1,500 should hold up. Although I endorsed her, I had been critical of her campaign. I have to give her credit for the last minute blitz of mailers, calls and advertising, including internet advertising, that painted her opponent as a tool of the government labor unions. I was very concerned at the end as I saw many more Howard Wayne lawn signs and the negative coverage that she received in the City Beat and other local news outlets.

Hopefully, she can join Carl DeMaio and Kevin Faulconer as voices of reason on the City Council and start by outsourcing jobs under managed competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment