Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Veepstakes

Our little poll on who should be the GOP nominee for Vice President closed in a tie between Ron Paul and Marco Rubio. I kind of like both choices. Rubio, after dropping from view for a while, seems to have been on the TV quite a bit of late. Ron Paul didn't pick up near the delegates I thought he would, and I wonder if he hasn't jumped the shark. However, he may still bring tea party energy to the campaign. Reince Priebus, chair of the RNC, made the statement today that Ron Paul's issues have became mainstream concerns of all Americans.

HotAir is predicting Rob Portman or Mitch Daniels. I wouldn't mind Daniels, on the theory that he has the experience to actually be the President in the event of the unthinkable.

Meanwhile, Romney is campaigning on an explicit anti-big government message that sounds positively Reaganesque. I heard him today and he hits the right notes, telling America that the choice is between an America where the government is in charge of half the economy and we are ruled by czars and bureaucrats in Washington and freedom. I especially like the reference to czars, because I don't think the public really likes all the unaccountable czars.

Here is a screen capture of the intrade odds as of today for the GOP VP nomination. Click to enlarge.


No comments:

Post a Comment