Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Update on Syria

Bashar al-Assad has published an editorial that carefully analyzes Obama's options in Syria.  It's sort of a return favor for Obama basically leaking the entire battle plan to him. Just paying it forward, I guess.  Assad's reasoning is clear and unimpeachable.
I’ve looked at your options, and I’m going to be honest here, I feel for you. Not exactly an embarrassment of riches you’ve got to choose from, strategy-wise. I mean, my God, there are just so many variables to consider, so many possible paths to choose, each fraught with incredible peril, and each leading back to the very real, very likely possibility that no matter what you do it’s going to backfire in a big, big way. It’s a good old-fashioned mess, is what this is! And now, you have to make some sort of decision that you can live with.
It's the Onion of course, and it's not really Assad, but that doesn't make it any less true.

1 comment: