Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cutting a Deal on Proposition D

Jerry, Let's Make a Deal.


I have come out strongly against Proposition D, the proposed half cent sales tax increase in San Diego. However, it occurred to me that we should cut a deal to see if the politicians who put it on the ballot are serious. I'll vote for the increase if two conditions are met:
  1. The city's budget is cut in actual dollars year on year, by at least 5%
  2. The city outsources enough jobs to reduce the number of union workers on the city's payroll by 10%.
Those two measures would prove they are serious. Absent those achievements I am voting no. Talk is cheap, and the way the proposition is structured, not a single job actually has to be outsourced, giving city council members plenty of wiggle room to take our money and continue to fail. Don't let them play us for fools, vote No on Proposition D.

Good to see W.C. on board with my recommendation; He'd better be, I've got clout. You don't get to be unofficial chief ideologist just by self proclamation.

OK, actually you do, but don't tell anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment