Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Thanks To My Nation - From a Veteran

As many of you know, I am a veteran.  The amount of attention given to veterans on this day has grown over the years, to the point that some on the left object to it.  Dean has a great post deconstructing leftist objections to Veteran's Day here; predictably the left's objection include the specter of RacismTM.

For myself, sometimes the attention is a little embarrassing, because I feel so blessed to have served and benefited from my service.  Today, I say thank you to my country for the opportunity to serve and for the benefits I received.  Here is a short list that pertains to me:
  • I received a first rate education in Annapolis and in Monterey.
  • I made life-long friendships with some great Americans.
  • I was trained to perform challenging and demanding missions on behalf of my nation.
  • I received fair compensation and benefits.
  • I retired with a good pension and benefits.
  • I can point with pride to my service.
These benefits came about because I serve a nation that values the defense our veterans have provided and continue to provide.  I am happy that my country thanks me, but I must thank my country in turn.

God bless the United States of America.

United States Flag design as it existed on November 11, 1918.

No comments:

Post a Comment