In the meantime, we have a new generation to raise. There are many good men out there and I am privileged to be involved in their lives. But they still could use a little advise. As for the women their age, I just want to scream at their mothers. They seem to have raised a generation of self-centered sluts, who think they can waste their prime child bearing years on booze and random men and then wake up to find true love and a family as they approach spinsterhood. Spoiler alert, ain't happening, no matter what you might hear on Christian Mingle.
For the young men I know, here is a little advice. These aren't the most important things, it's just the stuff I notice you are not always doing right.
Be On Time. Insist on the Same.
Being on time is a sign of respect. It is respecting the most valuable commodity of others. When you are time, it offers evidence that you have your act together, you are organized and prepared. When others are late, don't tolerate it. If you can, leave and reschedule. Otherwise, let them know you don't accept their tardiness.
Stop getting drunk.
Wine and beer are gifts from God. Don't abuse them. Alcohol is part of celebration. Yes, we feel good when we drink. But getting drunk says that you lack self-control. It says that you can't deal with your life. It puts you into dangerous situations because you lose situational awareness. Pace yourself.
Swearing doesn't make you sound tough, it makes you seem weak. You have allowed circumstances to get the better of you, and you are advertising your defeat. It also lacks class. The most utilitarian reason to seldom swear is that there may come a time when swearing is needed to properly obtain someone's attention. If you swear all the time, it won't be effective.
Take charge of your lives.
To many hours in front of the screen with video games isn't going to bring you the life success you desire. Neither employers nor sensible young ladies will think so either. Put time each day into achieving your goals. Some of your goals should require personal self-improvement, like getting into shape, or becoming an expert with a pistol. Other goals should be oriented towards your career. You don't have hours to waste becoming an expert on Modern Warfare.
That's a wrap, except for
What You Should Be Reading
- Terrorist attack goes unnoticed. No one is officially saying that this attack on a power substation was a terrorist attack, but what else could it be? Involved snipers and the cutting of telephone lines before the attack.
- Puerto Rico debt downgraded to junk. Socialism in America, a foretaste. "The changes have been politically difficult. An attempt in December to overhaul the Puerto Rican pension fund for teachers led to a strike, lawsuits and a court order halting the changes until legal questions could be ironed out."
- A great commentary on why Christians shouldn't get worked up about gay marriage, by Matt Walsh (H/T Dalrock). Maybe the church should be supporting getting government out of the marriage business and uphold its founding principles.
- Dean skewers the administration logic that less employment is somehow good for America.
- KTCat uses a looney video (well a video of loons) to explain why libertarians should be helping social conservatives retain their freedom.