The Secretary of State’s Office released the official title and summary for a proposed anti-bullet train ballot measure prepared by the AG’s office, and it seems downright reasonable and fair.Second, he cites inept lawyering by the California AG in answering the question of how Jerry Brown is going to kill the train without appearing to be doing so on purpose.
How are they going to pull this off? Through intentionally inept lawyering.Well, maybe. The problem with this theory is that it makes Jerry Brown out to be some Frank Underwood super-pol. (I just started watching Season 1 of House of Cards, and yes, I am hooked.) David Burge has other ideas about U.S. pols in general.
. . .
For five months after Judge Kenny’s ruling, the Brown administration didn’t question its legal reasoning one bit. Now the administration accuses the judge of ‘erecting obstacles found nowhere in the voter-approved bond act’ of 2008 that provided $9.95 billion in bond seed money for the project. Huh? How can the governor and attorney general make this argument now when they didn’t before?
Most laughable thing about House of Cards: politicians portrayed as Machiavellian super-geniuses. Real DC pols are 92-IQ shameless thugs.
— David Burge (@iowahawkblog) February 20, 2014
What You Should Be Reading
- Holman Jenkins explains why, even if you believe in man-made global warming, getting the government involved is a huge mistake. Bottom line, there is no government action which will solve this problem faster than the free market.
- KTCat views the vetoed AZ religious liberty law through a lens crafted in Riyadh.
- Fellow SLOBs give their perspectives on Bitcoin, theoretical and practical. Meanwhile some idiot at Thinkprogress does no thinking in writing that Bitcoin is about (drum roll please) white male privilege. Ms. Strasser is thoroughly schooled in the comments. Women and minorities for whom she condescendingly thought to speak point out that they are capable of making economic decisions for themselves.
- Dalrock dissects the realities of declining SMV for divorcées.
- Kimberly Strassel reveals the latest ongoing Obama IRS assault on conservatives and Tea Partyers.