Friday, September 16, 2011

Weekend Music Chill

Lots of stress in my life lately, including air travel. I know the TSA people have to do a job, but do they have to be turds? Going through the line in Charleston the guy ahead of me got pulled over for a random frisk. Problem was, he had about four baskets of stuff that had run through the X-ray machine and had backed up the queue. I couldn't get to my basket without reaching my hand into the screening device; which I was not going to do, of course. So I was standing there, waiting, when the TSA supervisor said in a raised voice, seemingly to everyone, but looking at me, "Retrieve your items and move on." I looked down at the items and up at him, and he was just glaring at me. Then he repeated himself, loudly. I just stared back at him. He finally got the clue that the items weren't mine and asked "Are those your items?" I just shook my head and said "No." Didn't stop him from continuing to glare until the guy who had been frisked returned for his stuff and I could get out of there. Just another example of government blaming the victim.

By the way, I always treat the queue at the airport as a custodial situation, where I have the right to remain silent. I communicate as little as possible with the agents.

Anyway here is some music to help me chill out.




1 comment:

  1. How did you find the Mummer's Dance? Great tune, I found it listening to Green Mist Radio on the internet, a great station if you every get a chance. I heard this a couple years ago and added to my library. You should check out Blackmore's night. Richie Blackmore of Deep Purple fame plays with wife or girlfriend with a similar haunting celtic voice. Their Christmas music is fantastic.
    Taking a little me time in the hectic mess of New York. Good time to hear these calmer tones.

    ReplyDelete