For myself, sometimes the attention is a little embarrassing, because I feel so blessed to have served and benefited from my service. Today, I say thank you to my country for the opportunity to serve and for the benefits I received. Here is a short list that pertains to me:
- I received a first rate education in Annapolis and in Monterey.
- I made life-long friendships with some great Americans.
- I was trained to perform challenging and demanding missions on behalf of my nation.
- I received fair compensation and benefits.
- I retired with a good pension and benefits.
- I can point with pride to my service.
These benefits came about because I serve a nation that values the defense our veterans have provided and continue to provide. I am happy that my country thanks me, but I must thank my country in turn.
God bless the United States of America.
United States Flag design as it existed on November 11, 1918.