- Most disturbing to me, because it is such an affront to civil behavior, his ex-fiancee said that she made the "gut-wrenching decision" to break up with Filner after she said he recently started text messaging other women sexually explicit messages and set up dates in front of her. Bronwym Ingram, the ex, said that he had lost the ability to treat anyone with civility.
- His ongoing feud with Jan Goldsmith that is harming the city. His aggressive take-over of a Goldsmith news conference prompted me to predict he wouldn't finish the term.
- The Sunroad Centrum pay-to-play investigation is still ongoing, with the FBI involved. Citybeat has more details.
- Jerry Navarra of Jerome's Furniture donated free furniture to the mayor's office while he has two properties in East Village that cannot be developed unless an historical designation is lifted.
Here is that Goldsmith presser video.
He has clearly shredded the norms of civil behavior. Here is the an article about conduct disorders, including DSM-IV diagnostic criteria. Check out these symptoms and ask how much of Filner's behavior fits:
Four types of symptoms of conduct disorder are recognized:
(1) Aggression or serious threats of harm to people or animals;Should someone who has the symptoms of a conduct disorder be our mayor?
(2) Deliberate property damage or destruction (e.g., fire setting, vandalism);
(3) Repeated violation of household or school rules, laws, or both; and
(4) Persistent lying to avoid consequences or to obtain tangible goods or privileges.
What You Should Be Reading:
- The Daily Caller has a sneak peak at testimony in the IRS targeting of tea party groups. It ain't pretty and true to expectation, the trail leads to Washington.
- DooDoo Econ on exposing accounting fraud at Treasury to avoid breaching the debt limit. He also makes a compelling case, with pictures, of why Filner will stay in office until after Comic-Con.