Tuesday, August 28, 2012

RNC Tonight

I probably can't add much to all of the chattering about the Republican National Convention. Fellow blogger W.C. Varones likes the tone, as do I. He mentioned in an email that the GOP is keeping on the "we built that" theme very well. Even though Christie's speech didn't seem to score well on Twitter, it scored well enough, and set a serious tone for the campaign. Christie continues the theme of giving America a choice, that was set with the Paul Ryan selection. Ann Romney was great, and I say this as a guy watching a speech targeting women; so take that for what it's worth. Nikki Haley seemed start off weak, but she really landed some punches over the NLRB's handling of Boeing's decision to open a plant in South Carolina.

I saw some article about Team O being very confident. I am not sure what to make of this conventional wisdom, as Intrade still has him as the favorite. With the economy in such bad shape, this makes no sense. Hopefully, we will see a tough campaign from Romney; a guy who doesn't want to lose.

2 comments:

  1. Romney is the Kerry of 2012. Built to lose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed the whole thing. I picked up my daughter from soccer practice and we came home and watched Pawn Stars. I followed the conversation on Twitter and it seemed interesting, but when I went to watch the speeches on the C-Span site later at night, I found I could only get about 3-4 minutes into them before I wanted to do something else.

    ReplyDelete