Friday, July 16, 2010

Weekend Music Chill

I've been taking grief for my musical selections of late, especially from Mr. 'Dawg, but Mrs. Daddy as well. Fine. I let Mrs. Daddy make this weekend's selection. Have to admit I like it too. For all of us aging Baby Boomers, perhaps the worst generation in American history, certainly the most self absorbed, here is the ultimate back in the day song, with over 12 million views on YouTube.



Speaking of self absorbed, what's Obama's excuse? Didn't think he was a boomer.



From the always entertaining Tom McMahon at 4-Block World.

1 comment:

  1. As I commented on your other blog, there is a way to enjoy these classics even though we have beat them to death......Cover tunes.

    Have you heard Dolly cover Stairway? Not only does she give it a bluegrassy feel, but still rocks it out of the park.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp8-tJTUWto

    Covers are best when the artist brings something new to the table

    ReplyDelete