Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Blog Favorites

I usually don't announce changes to my favorite blogs listed at the right, but I wanted to recognize a local blogger that I have been keep reading more and more, W.C Varones. He is fully capable of explaining his own unique place in the blogosphere, but I appreciate the way he tracks financial issues and the fed in a way that I can understand.

Dean has the Tea Party ladies blushing with his effusive but well deserved praise for their efforts. I agree with Sarah B in the comments that the Tea Party is most effective as a leaderless movement. Although, she doesn't explicitly say so, I think that this lack of structure blunts the leftist, Alinsky tactic of personalizing and freezing the opposition, see rule 13. The MSM tried to do that with the Tea Party movement, but because it is genuinely grass roots, there is no one to go gunning for. Unfortunately, the current lesson in my leadership class advances the case that hierarchies are an inevitable outcome of the structures of the human mind. I think that this movement will eventually succumb, but not before doing a world of good.

Dean calls the likens his current status as a Republican as a sentence to a halfway house. I like the description as a former Libertarian, and current libertarian-Republican (it's all in the spelling).

3 comments:

  1. Diffuse and de-centralized is the way to go in the 21st century.

    Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traitor! Join those waskelly Wepublicans. You tewwible, tewwible person!

    Dude, I wish I could keep up with you guys. By the time I check out the blogs, links, I wonder what you guys are doing for a living?

    Thanks for all the fun, gotta go back to work.

    ReplyDelete