Monday, October 5, 2009

Blogging About Blogging...

...is usually the topic I like least. I just wanted to share that I've managed to turn blogging into a chore by bringing my Type A personality to the effort. I put a lot of pressure on myself to blog daily to try and increase site visits and generate comments, the "metrics" of blogging. But I am not a professional writer and only sporadically insightful, so this quickly turns into a big chore. Then I just give up for a while because I honestly have more important things to do, like watch college football. I am going to try to remember that this is supposed to be fun and just take the pressure off myself. My thanks to Dean and KT who throw me a lot of undeserved link love, so I will just count on their kindness to keep up my readership and hopefully post less frequently but with more quality.

4 comments:

  1. For me it's all about writing a chronicle of my intellectual journey. After 283,000+ hits, I know that I have less of an effect on the world than SNL. Given that, your blog isn't a burden but a release, a chance to let wild notions and half-baked ideas out to play.

    Have fun with it, amigo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have to be as prolific as Dean to have good reading. If I go a couple days off the blogosphere, it takes a huge amount of time (but worh it) to catch up to Dean.

    Your writing is less sarcastic or cynical and more direct. I enjoy both of you very much.

    Sometimes I read from a few days ago, and there is no need to comment, because Dean has written ten more and no one will read my comment anyway!

    Keep it up, you are my Libertarian mentor. I'm a little freaked out about your AGW position and the "foreign oil" issue, but love to hear your gears grinding anyway!

    ReplyDelete